Sunday, June 28, 2009

china is anti-blog... :(

Hello hello everyone! This is Kasey, the oldest Hansen hooligan child :) I was asked to update the blog for the parental units while they are in China. I'm...pretty excited about it. And since this is a record for the ages about little Mason and our journey to him, I thought I would speak for the other children in saying that we are SOOO excited about getting this little baby. I remember when I saw the first picture of him. Mom and dad had not officially decided he was our baby. But when his cute little chunky cheeked face popped up on my laptop I knew without a doubt he was ours. I cannot wait to meet him. So anyways. Here is the little update I got in an e-mail from my mom yesterday.


"Hello! It is 4 am on Sunday but dad and I can't sleep because it is actually 3 pm on Saturday!! We actually collapsed at 7:30 last night so that is probably why we are up so early! The Great Wall was killer. It wasn't a leisurely stroll, it was straight up!! It was 90 plus degrees and we were both drenched and dying. So cool though. The Forbidden City was neat, though the beggars were very sad, and they kept touching me. Most of them blind or missing limbs, etc. The group we are with are very nice, all adoptive parents like us. We all get our babies today, we are flying to our provinces this morning. One couple comes with us and gets a little girl from the same orphanage. China is cool, but very dirty and polluted. We are also getting stared at constantly. I guess we do stand out. We ate at McDonald's last night, it was delicious. I thought Dad had died and gone to heaven. We took lots of pictures of the Beijing McDonald's for DJ. We
aren't able to access our blog here, apparently the Chinese government has decided that blogs are a tool of subversion so they are not accessible on the internet. Whatever. We are so blessed.
We also went to a cloisonne factory yesterday. Cloisonne is a kind of enamel/pottery technique that originated in this area. We bought a really cool Christmas ornament and a beautiful little tea set. I am on the hunt for your DVD's, though Dad is having an attack of honesty and tells me I am on my own!! Take care honey!!! Love, Mom"

And here is what I got from Dad today :):)

"All is well here. We flew from Beijing to Xi'an this morning. We are with two couples who are also adopting babies from this province. We get to pick up Mason in just a couple hours! Let me know if you have any trouble. LOVE, POPS

Well there you are people. Hope you enjoy it. THere surely shall be more to come. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment