Thursday, June 25, 2009

On The Way!!

The day has finally arrived! Charise and I are checked in at the airport (MSP) waiting to board and begin the long flight to China. We are so grateful for the many people who have offered to help us with this adventure! The kids are staying with friends, the dogs are with friends and the cat and fish are in the good hands of friends, amazing! So today we get to stop in Portland, then cross the Pacific to Narita (Tokyo), and from there to Beijing - about 18 hours all together. Funny, because of work I haven't had to pass through regular airport security for 12 years. So wouldn't you know today my new knee sets off the metal detector, and off to processing I go! Stand like a scarecrow, "are you sure this is a metal knee?", then search my carry-on, "what's this, We have a suitcase just for baby Mason - how long has it been since we had to take diapers with us? We will try to update the blog daily, unless we can't find internet service out in the middle of China. I promised Charise I would be a good camera boy, to make sure you get a taste of our jouney. So here are my first efforts. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment