Thursday, June 25, 2009

Finally on the way!

The day has finally arrived! What a busy day yesterday was! Details, details. At this point I don't think we left anything undone. We are so grateful for everyone that has helped us make this happen. The kids are staying with friends and the animals are being cared for by friends, amazing. We are in the airport now, waiting to board our flight to Portland. Then its off to Narita (Tokyo), then to Beijing. Only about 18 hours total, ugh! As you know, I am not a small guy, and coach is not my friend! Soon we won't have to tell people we are still waiting for our baby!

Funny, because of work I haven't had to pass through regular airport security for 12 years. But for this trip I'm a regular joe. So my new knee sets off the metal detector, and its off to processing! Stand like a scarecrow while a guy passes a wand over every inch of me. Then my bag got searched because I had an aerosol container larger than 2 ounces. So this is how the rest of you live?

Charise has made me promise to be a good photographer, and I'll do my best. We will try to post photos and information regularly - See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment